In summer, we celebrate the endless days of light and sunshine. But winter? Each cold and cloudy day is just one more date to mark off on the calendar. How many more days until Spring?
It’s no wonder that depression and suicide rates go up as sunlight and temperatures drop. That’s why it’s so important to take additional self-care measures to carry you through the cold season.
1. Increase your vitamin D. Sunlight levels are less in the winter, but get as much of it as you can and increase your vitamin D. It helps to increase energy levels.
2. Buy fresh flowers! The vibrant colours of a Spring bouquet add freshness and cheer to any room.
3. Wear bright colours. It’s hard to feel down with vibrant splashes of colour! It’s uplifting both for the body and the mind.
4. Exercise. Yes, indeed. Get that blood and serotonin pumping! It’s a sure cure for the winter blues.
5. Spa treatments are a must. What’s your favourite treatment for keeping your mood light and your skin hydrated? Make sure you schedule regular treatment times to keep the winter blues at bay.
There’s nothing more important than your health! And, as you know, we specialise in good health. Just another reason to put us at the top of your self-care list this winter. (231)
Call Us On (03) 6223 3433