LED light therapy has become a popular non-invasive and naturally healing treatment within the wellness industry. The remarkable technologies can help address a wide range of skin concerns such as acne, pigmentation, wrinkles, and inflammation
What is LED Light Therapy?
LED Light therapy is a non-invasive skin treatment that utilizes specific wavelengths of light to promote various therapeutic effects on the skin. This innovative therapy involves the use of light-emitting diodes (LED) to deliver targeted light energy to the skin and underlying tissues. The wavelengths penetrate the skin at varying depths, stimulating cellular activity and triggering biochemical reactions in the body that targets a wide range of skin concern. LED light therapy is generally safe, and painless and does not involve any downtime
Types of LED light Therapy and their Benefits
There is a range of different colour settings in LED and all have different benefits. Each treatment with Escape Skin and Body will start with a skin consult to determine which light therapy would best suit your needs.
Benefits of Red-light Therapy
- Skin Rejuvenation: Red Light therapy stimulates collagen production, a protein that helps maintain the elasticity and firmness of the skin. Increased collagen production can lead to an overall improvement in skin tone and texture
- Wrinkle reduction: By promoting collagen synthesis, red light therapy can diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Enhanced wound healing: by Stimulating cellular activity red light has been found to accelerate wound healing for cuts and other skin injuries by increasing blood flow and promoting tissue repair
Benefits of Blue Light Therapy
- Acne treatment: Blue light therapy works by killing bacteria known as Propionibacterium acnes that contribute to the development of acne. The blue light activates certain chemicals within the bacteria, leading to their destruction. This helps reduce acne breakouts and inflammation.
- Reduction of sebum production. Blue light can help regulate the oily substance that can contribute to clogged pores and acne formation
- Anti-inflammatory effects: in addition to targeting bacteria, blue light has anti-inflammatory properties that can help calm redness, swelling, and irritation associated with acne. It can promote the healing process of acne lesions and reduce the risk of scarring
Benefits of Near Infrared Light Therapy
- Reduced Inflammation: Near-infrared has anti-inflammatory mediators, providing relief for conditions associated with inflammation such as acne, arthritis, and chronic pain.
- Improved tissue healing: By stimulating cellular activity and promoting the production of collagen near-infrared can enhance tissue repair and wound healing. This can be beneficial for acne-prone skin that suffers from lesions.
- Skin rejuvenation: Near-infrared can improve the appearance of the skin by increasing collagen production, promoting better skin elasticity, and reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Is LED Light Therapy right for you?
LED Light therapy is beneficial for a range of individuals and skin concerns. If you are suffering from acne, signs of ageing, uneven skin tone or inflammation, you will benefit significantly from an LED session.
Is LED Light therapy safe?
LED light therapy is generally considered safe when used as directed, It is a non-invasive and non-thermal treatment that does not involve the use of UV radiation, which is known to be harmful to the skin. Some key points to consider when booking an LED light therapy facial;
- Precautions for Photosensitivity; If you have a known sensitivity to light or are taking photosensitizing medication, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before undergoing LED treatments
- Pregnancy or Breastfeeding: As LED light therapy hasn’t been tested on women who are pregnant or breastfeeding it is best to seek advice from a healthcare professional prior to undergoing LED treatment.
- Sensitive eye / Eye conditions: eye protection is provided in treatment however LED can still be quite strong and can cause irritation to the eyes. Please consult with a healthcare professional before undergoing LED treatment
- Epilepsy: Although LED lights emit non-flickering, steady light, it is best practice to seek medical approval from a healthcare professional prior to undergoing LED treatment.
Does LED light therapy work?
It has been scientifically proven that LED light therapy energizes and stimulates cell renewal, creating more collagen and elastin within the skin cells. Blue light has been proven to have anti-bacterial properties.
Can I get LED when I am on photosensitive medication?
Unfortunately, photosensitive skin cannot receive LED treatment as the reaction may cause an adverse reaction. It is best to wait 2 weeks after you finish your cause of medication.
How many sessions do I need before I see the results from LED Light Therapy?
1-2 sessions a week for 6 weeks will show great improvement in your skin’s overall complexion and help with most skin concerns. It is best to check with your skin therapist to get an exact time frame for your skin goals.
Does LED Light Therapy Hurt?
LED is none invasive and safe for most clients. The Light emitting diodes are bright however your eyes do adjust and you will always have protective goggles on whilst you’re in session. Your skin can feel warm as the LED works into your cellular level bringing up new skin cells to repair your skin.
Enquire about our LED Therapy Service Today!
If you want to know more about LED and how it can work best for your skin concerns book a consultation with one of our expert Skin therapists